Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Plugging! And other stuff...

Hello all! Thanks for the views! I appreciate them! Really I do. From the bottom of my heart. Also, I appreciate the feedback, although it's limited (fix that!).

Today I am really proud to say that my friend Laura Del (http://www.thefictionwriters.net) is now a proud owner of a published book! It's called "Graveyard Shifts." Here's the description:

"Sent on an assignment to find the best diner in New York, Pat Wyatt is more than happy to complete it, but not alone. Recruiting her best friend Christina Iglesias to join her, she sets out on her fateful mission, completely oblivious to what lies ahead. 

When a handsome stranger walks through the doors of the last diner of the day, Pat is not impressed with the striking man, and quickly leaves the restaurant...only to be followed out by the attractive mystery man. 

Following a whirlwind of marriage proposals and Hamptons' mansions is the creeping recognition that everyone seems to be afraid of her new husband and that he might not be as perfect as he seems. With everything inside pushing her toward an impossible realization, Pat must decide if she can trust the outlandish instincts she has inside and truly believe her husband, Samuel Satané, is a vampire.

Graveyard Shifts: A Pat Wyatt Novel is a captivating piece of fiction that forgoes the traditional love story that is prevalent in so many novels. Pat's story takes readers on a journey of love that happens after marriage, which adds real-world credibility to an otherwise fantastic scenario.

Not to be confused with other novels though, Pat's story is more about her strength of character than her reliance on any particular man. Written for women and men interested in horror fiction and romance, Graveyard Shifts is a gripping novel that is easy to pick up and hard to put down. With its sarcastic wit and dark tone, the novel keeps a perfect pace that never lulls. A fun, dramatic, and entertaining read from the very beginning, Graveyard Shifts is a wonderful new book that offers a unique take on horror fiction and the ever-popular vampire romance novels everywhere."



I hope you will all check it out, order it, and enjoy it. I do support my writer friends and I will be ordering this book and I will most definitely read it! You can purchase it here: https://www.createspace.com/4022649

My quest to become more positive is a bit of a struggle, but it's coming along just fine. So here is a post about someone I like and have a difficulty understanding on why some people decided not to from one little mistake:

Joe and I like to watch videos from a guy on YouTube, popularly known as Boogie2988. He does game reviews and very funny videos of a character he made named Francis. He is hilarious. He even made us want a new Furby because of one of his videos. Luckily, they're too expensive for us. Anyway, if you haven't already check him out.

According from what I gathered he did this charity of event or something of the sort of eating mayonnaise. It's a pretty disgusting video just because eating a jar of mayonnaise in one sitting is nasty no matter who does it. I really don't like watching videos of people eating random things. Even in the great movie Matilda when the fat kid is forced to eat the chocolate cake makes me squirm. Being a girl, that is saying something since I do indeed love chocolate.

Anyway, so he does this charitable thing (I don't know how the charity comes into play). Just last night he posted the same video but edited it to be in slow motion. So a 6 minute video of eating a jar of mayonnaise even longer and added effects. Gross. I don't like it, but you know what? I find his other videos as Francis very entertaining. I find his serious videos quite intelligent. His gaming reviews, I can't say that I have seen, but I'm sure they're full of things that you might require before buying a game.

You know what bothers me? That because of this one video that he posted he lost 40 subscriptions in 10 minutes. I really don't get it. One video. So you subscribe to a guy you find amusing and because he makes one video you do not like you completely delete him from your list. I would understand if it's something you're morally against. I would get it if it was something you feel politically strong for/against it. I don't get it when it's just a stupid video on YouTube with no other point than just being there. I stopped listening to a band because they became so very political with their music. I decided not to spend my hard earned money towards funding something I do not believe in. You can chose to or not to spend a few minutes of your day watching a silly video. Your money is not going to him. You're not supporting something that may change the way you think. You're just being pretty dumb.

But hey! It's your choice right? And I choose to continue watching Boogie2988's videos. In fact, I did so while typing some of this. YOU GO BOOGIE!

So check him out if you feel like it. You can also comment, text, e-mail, facebook, or send me mail through the USPS of something you want me to check out on YouTube. Or you can leave feedback so I can fix what you don't like about my writing!

Thanks so much. Much love -K.

"I can't afford Mountain Dew. Ok?! The economy is rough right now. OBAMA!" 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the promo, K. That really means a lot to me. And I'm going to check out those videos.

    ReplyDelete